Saturday, August 05, 2006

"halo....wishing u happy birthday a day later is very 'me' ok?!"

haha.. ya loh.. so singaporean.. :P

========================

"You're probably paying your family rent for the room, right?"

i'm not sure why u say that. but in asian countries, unless the ties with your family is really so drastic, they will b more than happy to have you live in with them. no rent is given at all. or, if u see a mthly cash contribution to the family as a rent, that's somehow different. but in my case, no rent is given.

however, i had told my mum, i OWN the rm, and dun allow any1 to occupy it without my permission. imagine: someone is in ur hse, and it's inconvenient for you to stay inside it, forcing you to be out. and it's not as though you are on good terms with them, but... sorri to pull him into the picture, but it's ur WL who let the ppl into the hse, due to some personal reason of his. n it's not appropriate for you to chase them out.

==========================

"You also like techno?? :D"

YEP, SHIOK! but my memory stay in the oldies lah.. mei fei se wu, cant fight the moonlight, mariah carey's It's like that.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I see now...in the West it would be usual for an employed child to pay rent to his or her parents if s/he lives at home. I see that this isn't the custom over there.

I take your point about someone else like one's partner letting people into the house that I don't get along with. I have no compunctions in chasing people out even under such circumstances. WL and I agree on who can stay and who cannot stay and that works very well for us. Sorry to hear that your room is being invaded!!