Sunday, February 04, 2007

hello chris... thanks for ur kind words :)

this scenario makes mi wonder... am i having (too) high expectations of myself? ie, i wan to make everythign perfect.. when things go awry, i feel bad.. or.. could it be caused by "i wanna meet my boss' expectations" mindset? 'cos i mentioned b4, during my confession to her, she told mi, she wanted mi to surpass wat my upperstudy cna do.. but i failed.. yes, i can improve n better the present me, but.. jus felt bad tat i cause them/her to worry abt such thigns..

1 comment:

Chris said...

It is always a good thing to have high expectations of yourself. Just getting along, not trying to excel at anything, is no way to start out a stellar career (unless you're a civil servant, working for the government!) But, the important thing is what happens when the inevitable mistake happens. Do you beat yourself up incessantly for making a mistake, or do you learn from your mistake and resolve not to make the same mistake again. If you beat yourself up about it, you'll never learn to recover from your mistakes and get better at what you do.

I think you'll probably do the second, and learn from your mistakes. The best lesson I learned in business was to own up to mistakes I made, say that I'll fix the problem, and not do it again. If you do this, you'll be on top of the heap in no time.

Happy Chinese New Year of the Golden Pig. I hope it'll be lucky for you!