Tuesday, June 13, 2006

den sunday was all about packing, n getting frns to help mi move my stuff. really jialutzz.. tis time, no tv, no net. cant even focus on my exams prep. DAMN! oh wel, but i shall nvr say "y is tis happening to mi??".. i can oni treat it as a life exp n get on wif it, n learn to live wif it. n tis time, really super.. move all my things in 1day.

on monday morning, it was not an enjoyable 1. the sup came into office, but din tell mi much abt the proj progress. oh well, i think he can sense mi job hunting, so din tell mi much.

den later, i actually got a call! from the agency!! she say i'm offered a post as system analyst!!!!! it was the 1 whcih call mi at night, for phone interview!! such a surprise!!! uknow, the ph thing was 1 wk ago tues. den no news. 1 wk later, monday, i'm offered?!?! n tis post, i;m offered a salary i nvr had b4, n it's the max of my expectation!! probation 3 mth, den pay review is 1 yr (cos my studies end in 1 yr). as an SA, i know i can learn mucho things. but i seriously duno am i skipping paths.. like now i still having deg cos, n from SCJP jump to SA. am i moving 2 fast? ya i know, it;'s up to mi to brush up my skills n prep for it. i even planned to read up on SDLC, system analysis, n oso some JSP/servlets bk to prep myself.. all done to ensure tat i am prepared.. but umm, b4 i got into tis current job, i oso went to read up n refresh my memory for java. but it was not used haha. i;m signing the letter tmr (wed)

ok, den later on, another agent (for the post tat i can click wif the lady tat 1) oso called mi, saying the client got lotsa qns to ask. she wanna knw my expected. i say a fixed amt (tis time not neg liao haha). den no news yet. perhasp they find mi 2 ex? for the skipping path tat 1, for now, i can oni suggest, it cld b a mater of exp, a matter of mindset, a matter of working/handling style, or a combo. cos if u programmer, u cld b focussing on gettign things to work, den over time, u learn things n develop better work styles. den for mi, after being guided by 2 pals for yrs, have grown some mindsets of my own, n independent thinking. am i consoling myself?

tis time round, my mind is pretty set on developing my career path. i will not wan to b distracted by trivial stuff lioa. prioritise my goals n go for it. LTR, i give up. sex, find in irc or fridae or yahoo group. frns, get to knwo ppl slowly.. settle my life n plan for my future. whci includes, learning cooking from mum, integrating the culinery skills learnt from da chang jin into the cooking, making delicious meals, getting frns over for meals every now n den. den going for holidays, n treating myself to goodies.. oh, ya i oso need to sell off some useless stuff

1 thing whcih left mi bewildered is, my gal pal. when we first knew each other, she had always guided mi along, teaching mi the proper way of livign, n reasoning n logical thinking. she has always been teh 1 teaching mi things, n mi learning. but these days, we both are hunting jobs. den when we exchanging our ideas n standpts, she suddenly grew defensive of her stand, n when i continued elaborating on mine, she du lan.

all i felt was, we were oni exchanging views, n not forcing either party to accept. more of telling each other how we found our stand. but she felt otherwise... we were toking abt starting pay... i felt she's not getting her worth, but she maintaned her stand tat, it's oni the starting, n she is confident of obtaining higher once she's proven her worth. i do agree, but starting pay shld still reflect how gd u r at wat u r doing. it's not a mere act of "getting u into the job". its like they knw n appreciate wat they getting n paying the relevant amt for the talent. wat's more she's overseas grad. n.. not as though she despo for job.

ok, back to my moving back. it's a pretty cool exp. thx to 2 frns who took their time and rushed to help mi.. really last min thing. we waiting for my dad car, n haha, they read my "men's mag". den got some sec bengs walking past n saw it ahah. i like their facial responses!!!!

once i'm home, i began to feel wat my gal pal experienced: havign to adjust to "living wif family" lifestyle. unpacking my things, felt like i jus back from overseas living, yes, overseas living. cos these yrs proved to b beneficial to my self development. n wif loads of bagssss, i lok like i bought many things haha.. i oso rmb the time when, in morning, we jus scramble to wash up. but now, i try to find a pattern of living of my family, n kinda adjust to it, to prevent time/utility-usage clashing. but argh.. cant walk around half naked anymore.. kinda used to being topless to release any torso heat. den now, have to b properly clothed..

============

summary: i'm preparing/prepared to meet life's challenges, dun blame on life's injustices, find a workaround instead of lamenting wat shdl not b rite, achieve my goals, n give (my) life a better meaning. i actuallu.. oso intend to volunteer at those boys homes siazz.. lol.. n probably help out at some charity orgs oso.. n as i mentioned, sing at some pubs?

No comments: