Sunday, July 24, 2005

jus wanna blog it. went to zpop there, cool. the waiting wasn't cool, but the end result was DEF'ly WORTH IT!! saw my dear amei!!! but somehwo, i think she really put on a bit wt, thus wear black. wah liao, if not for the award presentation, she can come out much earlier. was so damn excited to see her... my excitement grew with the period of time she din appear in public events.. LOL

n, finalyl met my sick boi....... really felt like sayang him. finally, i realised tat some frns may not b tat true wif wat they say n wat in their mind. sighz. n when i saw my boi, felt like i've never seen him for decades..... den on the way there, got some caucasian ask for directions. strange, they ask my frns, who cant give proper ans, end up i ans for him, n hor, wah, i think i spoke too fast. but at least, nowadays i managed to speak proper english. no stuttering. but i still need to slow down.

watching news now. i wonder these days, how many singaporeans can speak proper english and chinese. there was a time, when singaporeans spoke dialects. den chinese. now english is in thing. or rather, singlish among younger generation of singaporeans? but right now, who can speak a proper line of each language, without adding salt and pepper of another? proper lang means those used in news reports, where got no "lahs" "leh" "wah liao" "like dat oso can" "paiseh" "bobian" "bay tah han". i used to b so damn good in chiense. (i din bother to correct the spelling for "Chinese", but i dun mean any pun). but no chance to practise n follow the trend, end up my chinese oso going down the drain.

sometimes, proverbs take time to flash in my mind. n being in helpdesk, i often need to sound frnly n lower my level of eng proficiency tat, i tend to speak proper english. but come to think of it, if i use proper english, it carries no friendly tone. frnly in the sense of native (loca) lang. If I write proper English in my blog, I sound proper but not accustomed to local way of living. hehe...

No comments: