Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Finally another satisfying IT role

After the financial advisor stint, I managed to get a developer role again. They needed someone urgently. But when I got in, I wasn't thrown a heavy load. It turned out I was supposed to handle a task. But it urgently needed to be done and someone else ended up doing it.

Half a year in the job, I discovered, finally, another side of me. I was very excited! I thought I found a reason to why I had been moving on.

I then asked to do a certain role, which I was allowed. And I was very happy with the role. Then towards the end of my contract, something happened and I either had to:
1) return to a developer role and work for another half a year and leave, or
2) choose to leave right away.

I was caught in a fix. I was happy with the new found role and wanted to explore it. And after careful consideration, I took the plunge again. At the same time, I also searched hard for the role I enjoyed doing. And luckily, some time before my last day, I secured a job for that role.

No comments: