Wednesday, January 13, 2016

My first developer role

From the first helpdesk role, I moved on to a developer role.

It's for maintaining an in-house system.

Not sure why, but I did not take the work seriously. I took my time to do a task. At that time, it's using visual basic and I needed to do up a screen.

I played around with the placement of the buttons and.textbox and made sure they looked great together. I can't remember the end, lol.

I was also asked to do some measurements and some error spotting. I seriously didn't know what that was for. The task was finished so quickly that a senior remarked she's not even half done and I've finished my pile.

Soon, I was asked to leave.

Lacking experience, I called back the helpdesk boss, and asked to go back.

Of course, I was rejected.

No comments: